Minnesota Indian Area Agency on Aging
The Minnesota Indian Area Agency on Aging is designated by the MN Dept. of Human Service Board on Aging, providing Title III services to elders 60 years of age and older, caregivers of elders 60+, and grandparents/relatives raising relative children. Services are provided to those within the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe communities of Bois Forte, Grand Portage, Leech Lake and White Earth reservations.
- Training and technical assistance provided to tribal nutrition providers and health services
- Information, Access to resources, Counseling, Advocacy, Education and Training for elders in betterment of their quality of life.
- Caregiver Support; advocacy, training, coaching and resource linking to help ease the burden of caring for a loved one.
- GrandKin Support; advocacy, training, coaching and resource linking for grandparents and relatives 55 years and older who are caring for relative children 18 years and under.
- Medication Management and Health Promotion in collaboration with Wisdom Steps.
- Live Well at Home Program; information, training, resources and care planning to help elders remain in their homes and communities.
- Falls Prevention Program; information, resources and Matter of Balance Classes to increase knowledge of falls prevention.
- Memory Care Program; information, resources and care planning for those concerned with memory loss.
- Congregate dining and home delivered meal contracts with Bois Forte, Grand Portage, Leech Lake and White Earth.
- Legal services and legal education contract with Anishinabe Legal Services
Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
The SCSEP program is funded by the MN Dept. of Employment and Economic development. The SCSEP program provides training, job search, self-development and community services training to elders 55 years and older who are economically disadvantaged and seeking employment.
- 55 years and older, Unemployed, Meet 125% of Poverty Guidelines and follow the rules and regulations set-forth by the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe and The Department of Labor.
For more Information Contact:
Priscilla A. Fairbanks, PhD, Elderly Programs Coordinator
15542 State Hwy. 371 NW
P.O. Box 217
Cass Lake, MN 56633
MN Board on Aging: www.mnaging.org
MN Healthy Aging: www.mnhealthyaging.org
MN Online Resource Directory: www.mnhelp.info